Blog Collection

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Little Angel Song

This is kinda weird, ironic...just crazy! I found this old song that my mom and dad wrote for me when I was a baby. It was one of the nights they had to let me fall asleep on my own. I have been wanting to blog it but I never got to it. So I looked at it tonight and thought "oh yea, have to put this on my blog just in case I lose the small paper." The date written on it is 9/14/85. That's today!! Only 23 years ago. Crazy...just a little bit.

Oh my little Angel
Oh my little Prize
Tonight we must just listen
to all of your cries
We love you more than anything we know
The hardest part for us dear child
Is to try and let you go

You were born to us as a miracle
our lives gave life to one that comes from within us.
Tonights the night you cried for hours
We're not supposed to come to you
You've had enough to eat
This is the time, the DR. said you must cry yourself to sleep.

We love you dear Alanna
Your future is in our hands
We'll love you through
Your teenage years
and when you take a man
We'll love you as the little girl that we've always known

Now as you sleep peacefully, the joy of you has made our home.

-chorus-
Dear Alanna
Dear Alanna
Will you love us forever?
Oh Alanna
Dear Alanna
May we always be, somehow be, together


Finally asleep 4:50 a.m. J.S.R and K.A.R. 9/14/85

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Such a cute little angel song for such a silly little devil!