Blog Collection

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Snowflake, AZ


Last year we headed to Alpine, AZ to join our old family friends for the 90th birthday party of the closest thing I have to a grandpa. This year the party was at Beth's (my mom's close friend)house in Snowflake, AZ. I figured out it had been about 7-8 years since I had been there to visit. My mom and I use to go out there all the time to hang out with the hippies and play in the dirt! This house brought back so many good memories for me. I use to follow Sarah and Mike around hoping they would let me hang out with them and their friends! It was a lot of fun to be grown up and be a part of the group! Everyone is either married or has a baby, so I felt a little left out in that aspect but I got over it after a few beers and some drunk hula hoopin'. Bohdi cracked me up with his pigeon walk/hula hooping. Sarah impressed us all with her champion hula hooping abilities. Mikey had a case of the "oh my gosh's" when Sarah and I were laughing and joking about everything going on in the house, annoyed brother syndrome. The night ended with a fight that no one knew what happened and lots of laughing in the middle of the kitchen at 2am.



I had a blast playing with Sarah's baby girl during the day and trying to get her to speak spanish. I finally got her to say "Hola Mama." Shelby is such an observant child. She pretty much repeats everything you say. It's like having a mini-me. My mom and I had some good times and chats on the way to and from Snowflake. We talked politics, work, boys, and dogs! Thank you everyone for such a fun weekend! I look forward to grandpa's birthday.



Oh and Sarah, Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

LOL! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo back to you! That night would not have even come close to the amount of hilarity and fun had you not been there!