Blog Collection

Monday, November 24, 2008

I learned how to ride a dirt bike!





























On Sunday I went to Saguaro Lake with my friend Steven and his brother Jimmy. Both guys have been riding since they were little and Jimmy was the brother who turned it in to something more than just a hobby. It is his passion. He participates in competitions and does crazy, wicked, sick tricks on his bike. It was so great to watch someone partake in their passion. The type of passion that brings you to your authentic self. Steven taught me how to ride the smaller dirt bike. I didn't want to at first but he talked me in to. He walked along side of me as I tried to figure out how to use a hand clutch, give it gas, use the hand brake and not fall over all at the same time! It was nerve wrecking but man... I felt tough. So I rode around in first gear for probably 20 minutes total while Jimmy laughed at my loser-ness then gave the bike back to the pro.


The view
No smiles for this rider
Steven on the BIG bike.
Pit stop before playing some more. Brothers are not so nice to each other all the time.

2 comments:

Holly Kirsten said...

THANK GOD!! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR A NEW BLOG FROM YOU FOR A WEEK! LOVES Holly
p.s. i haven't even read this blog yet! lol

Sarah said...

Look at you go!!!!! Woo Woo!