Blog Collection

Friday, August 1, 2008

Mary Mary Quite Contrary


To our dismay, we are not moving to Phoenix...so we decided to make a list of the things we now want to do and create and have while in Flagstaff. We made the list while driving one day. One of the items on the long list was to grow a garden, with herbs and other things! I came home yesterday from a long day at work and SURPRISE! on our dining room table was an extra large bag of potting soil and an array of plants for me to pot on my day off (today).
Michael is so good to me. He really wanted to do it with me but I couldn't wait and he had to work so I decided to make our ugly, plain back patio in to an herb and vegetable garden on my own, well Jackson helped too.


Jackson helping me...he really just stands right in the way when I am either moving something, carrying something and thinks its sooo funny to walk through the pile of dirt while i'm sweeping. I think he knows it pisses me off, or he really thinks he's helping.



















Here are a few of the plants... makes the patio look brand spankin' new


Rosemary, mint, sage, peppers, cilantro, and two different types of tomatoes!! Michael had never seen or smelled rosemary until he met me...crazy i know! But something funny is that we both grew up with mint growing in our back yards...now its a little tradition/inside joke of ours.









Our first tomato!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

DAMNIT! Come work your magic on my tomato plant!

Devy said...

WoW! What a surprise!