Blog Collection

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Dia De Labor-Por Fin De Semana



Mike and I headed down to Phx to check in to my migraine study on Friday morn. Hopefully I can qualify and make some money in the process! We shall see if they pick me to study. We then went to the Cardinal Vs Broncos pre-season game. Michael is so good to me, he tells me over and over what each call means and when the guys take a knee and all that stuff people know about football. Since I have a horrible memory, he helps me by going over it again, each year. HA! Poor guy. It was a gun game but the Broncos won. Booooooo! We continue to wear our jerseys proudly! On our way down to Phx we got stuck in the PERFECT STORM! There was continuous lightning and thunder for two hours! It was the scariest thing driving on the highway going about 65mph then dropping down to 20mph because we couln't see a thing from the sheets of rain. It was nuts!! I got some cool video but not sure how to upload it on this blog thingy.

Then...we hung out with the coolest old guy, Mike's dad. What a great guy. He Has so much character and is hilarious at the same time. We got to swim and lie in the sun. Something that doesn't happen much in Flag. I had to listen to his republican comments and remarks about Obama but I just kept my mouth shut. I am still learning and am willing to listen to everyone's side, until I form my own solid opinion! Can't wait to vote and know what I'm voting for.



WE went to the fair on Saturday night! We had about 4 beers each and ate as much food as we could afford. The guys tried to trick every carnie we ran in to. They thought they had it all figured out! All the smells are amazing at the fair. Navajo tacos mixed with churros mixed with cotton candy mixed with popcorn mixed with hot dogs...mmmmmmmmmmm! We stood in line for one ride, THE ZIPPER, for about two hours. WHAT A WASTE. But it was fun to watch all the fire guys get on and get off saying "man, that was not as cool as it used to be." I wonder why that is? Do we just percieve things differently when we are young? I didn't ride it because I was afraid I would throw up like I use to. Now i'm glad I didn't ride it because now I remember it as a fun, scary ride and not a lame one that doesn't even give you that feeling in your tummy!

Some randoms from the fair...
















So excited to get OUT of the porta potty!




















Freakin' Kyle won every game...poor Julie had to hold all the stuffed animals so we took turns...some weren't as nice to the big blue as others...CHAD!

No comments: